Add texture to a card without adding bulk! I took a rather simple design and just by using texture, took it over the top. Here are the five ways I added texture:
1) embossed a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock with the Brick Walls embossing folder
2) sponged Whisper White Craft Ink with a sponge dauber over the cracks in the brick
3) tore the edges of the cardstock, exposing the inside layers
4) embossed the Real Red star with silver embossing powder
5) coiled a piece of metallic silver thread behind the star to provide a nice contrast with the solidness of the wall
Dimensionals on the back of the star pop it away from the wall, adding more dimension.
This card is intended for my neighbor, who is on his Badger Honor Flight today. The Badger Honor Flight is a program that flies veterans to Washington DC for the day, all at no cost to the veteran, as a way to say thank you for your service. On the return flight, each veteran receives mail call, with thank you cards and notes.